The Tew Centre hosts a regular art class, and is used for choral singing, fitness activities and drama performances.
It is ideal for memorial events and community meetings.
Children from the Great Tew Primary School come here for physical education.
The art class is run by Sue Cave - further details.
The Tew Centre opened in December 2006 as a community hall serving the villages of Great and Little Tew. It provides facilities for recreation, education, sport and leisure and is also home to the Great and Little Tew Cricket Club.
The Tew Centre is a registered charity and its construction was supported by grants from:
- West Oxfordshire District Council's Village Hall major grants scheme.
- The European Community West Oxfordshire Network LEADER+ programme
- Defra's Rural Enterprise Scheme
- The Doris Field Trust
- The Eloise & Katie Plunkett Memorial Trust
- The Foundation for Sport and the Arts
- The Garfield Weston Foundation
- Great Tew Estate
- The Great Tew Village Hall Trust
- Great & Little Tew Cricket Club
- Little Tew Parish Meeting
- Oxfordshire County Council
- The Sandford Trust
- The Trust for Oxfordshire's Environment,
- and generous donations from many local people.
The Tew Centre registered charity number is: 1102191